8/20/2012

10 Healthy and Yummy Smoothies!

Fitness and eating healthy has become a big part of my life within the last 6 months. One of my favorite healthy snacks or meals are these delicious smoothies you make at home. There not only yummy and healthy, they also aid in weight loss which is a big plus!  These are 10 of my favorite smoothies that I love to mix up!.



1. PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA SMOOTHIE:
This is probably one of my favorites. At first I didn't understand how peanut butter could make a smoothie healthy, however all the protein is what makes it great. I often use this one as meal replacement because it really does fill you up.

Recipe: 
  • Half of a banana 
  • 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter or nut butter
  • 1/2 cup of non fat yogurt
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth

2. WATERMELON SMOOTHIE:
Watermelon is both low in calories and fat so you cant go wrong!

Recipe:
  • 5 cups of seedless watermelon (chopped)
  • 1 cups of sherbet (your choice of flavor)
  • 1 cup of non fat milk, almond or soy milk
  • 10 ice cubes 
  • Put half of the watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and repeat until smooth.

3. STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
This one tastes like more of a dessert and is filling so I sometimes have this for breakfast and it keeps me full until lunch. It's okay though because there's so many vitamins and nutrients!

Recipe:
  • 1/4 cup of an avocado
  • 1 1/2 cup of strawberries
  • 1/4 cup of skim milk, almond or soy milk
  • 3/4 cup of plain yogurt
  • 6 ice cubes
  • First blend the milk, yogurt and avocado until smooth. Then add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth. 

4. STRAWBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
This is my favorite smoothie out of all of them. It's very easy to make and I love the flavor combo and nutrients it provides

Recipe:
  • 1 cup of strawberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
  • 5-6 ice cubes
  • Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth

5. CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
I just recently tried this one and love it! How could you not love Chocolate and Raspberry together!

Recipe:
  • 1/2 cup of skim, almond or soy milk
  • 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of raspberries
  • 1 cup of ice
  • Combine everything and blend until smooth. This one is great for a healthy dessert!

6. PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
Another one that is really easy to make and with only 3 ingredients, plus its super refreshing!

Recipe:
  • 1 cup of skim milk, almond or soy milk
  • 4 ounces of canned pineapple
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Combine everything and blend until smooth

7. MIXED FRUIT SMOOTHIE
I came up with this one having no idea if it would taste good, but it does! I have it for breakfast or as an after workout snack.

Recipe:
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup of blueberries
  • 1 cup of frozen peach slices
  • 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp. of vanilla whey protein
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Blend the banana and peach slices until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. 

8. CANTALOUPE SMOOTHIE
This one might sound a little odd to you as it did to me at first but I ended up liking it. Plus it gives you a big energy boost! 

Recipe:
  • 10 large romaine lettuce leaves
  • 2 cups of chopped cantaloupe slices
  • 1 cup of strawberries
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Oh and you don't even taste the lettuce. 

9. BLACKBERRY AND BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
These 2 berries have tons of antioxidants like Vitamin A & C, plus its low in calories, high in protein, fiber and calcium, and taste delicious!

Recipe:
  • 1/4 cup of skim milk, almond or soy milk
  • 3/4 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 a banana
  • 3/4 cup of frozen blackberries
  • 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 4 ice cubes
  • First blend the milk, banana and yogurt until smooth, then add the berries and ice cubes and blend. 

10. APPLE SMOOTHIE
If you love green apples you will love this one. Its another refreshing smoothie that is super healthy for you!

Recipe:
  • 1/2 cup of skim milk or almond or soy milk
  • 6 ounces of plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1 med. sized chopped green apple
  • 1 tbsp. of peanut butter or nut butter
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.


I would love to know if you try these and how you liked them!!



Click the links below :)
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. beautybymissl11:56 PM

    I haven´t tried any of these, yet, but since all them sound very delicious then I have to start trying them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. glossandglitz1:22 AM

    I never thought to put avocado in a smoothie but it's a wonderful idea! One thing I like is to add ground flax seed - very nice texture and so healthy:) I will def have to try some of these delicious recipes! xox janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmarked this. Awesome recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niesha4:01 PM

    Hi, Nice article dear.:)

    Found you through BBU Blog hop,

    Following you via GFC, hope you follow back.

    Indianbeautyforever.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayy!! Im glad you lliked them!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. prettylittlelives11:49 AM

    All of these smoothies sound amazing!
    Fab post, definitely have to give them a go! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    http://www.prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!!! Def let me know if you try them!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!!!!
    Im following your blog too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea, avocado is great!! That's one thing I forgot to mention, flax seed and whey protein, I usually add both of those to my smoothies. They taste good and are healthy. Thanks for reading love!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. They really are delicious, and I never would have thought so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing!!

    I actually just bought a Juicer, so I am going that route; but I may try these out in my blender one day! :)

    Thanks for linking up with us over on The Wednesday Chronicles! I hope to see you next week!

    xo, Nykki from nykki-talks-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a blender for all these. I've wanted a juicer for a while now. Let me know how it works :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Ahhhh Peanut Butter & Banana looks amazing!!

    Thanks for linking up with us on The Wednesday Chronicles!! I hope to see you next week!

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...