2/18/2013

Blue & Pink Ombre Nails!

I know the whole Ombre trend was last year but I decided to try them out on my nails (I know I'm behind the times lol). I'm actually surprised that this was my first time since I love trying new nail art trends.

But anyway, I just wanted to do a quick post showing you how they came out. I didn't pick the usual lighter to darker colors within the same shade. I used Scandal and Savage by Sinful Colors because I think they look gorgeous together.


If anything the color combo reminds me of spring/summer or a bright sunny day. A few of the nails didn't blend together as well as I would have liked but its okay.

This was one of the easiest nail art looks I've done. I applied 2 coats of white polish as my base. I cut one of those white makeup sponges in half and used the flat side to paint one half blue and the other pink. Then I just aligned the sponge up with my nail and kept dabbing onto my nails and then repeated the process of painting the sponge and dabbing. So I did two coats using the sponge. (If that made any sense). Adding a coat of Seche Vite makes such a difference, before they looked a little splotchy but the topcoat made them look nice and shiny!!!

What do you think of my blue and pink ombre nails?


Click the links below :)

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM!!! Perfect Beach nails! <3

    tinafiglove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! They do remind me of the beach and summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There so pretty. your blog is so cute as well.

    i found you on the northern beauty blog blog hop and im now following. would love you to have a wee look at my blog if you get the chance, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I just followed you back!!:)

      Delete
  4. So cute! They remind me of summer and cocktails :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I know, I love these 2 color togethers

      Delete
  5. Wow! The look amazing. I have been meaning to try this ombre effect for so long.

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. Do check it out. :) x
    thefemininecrusade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! I just entered your giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...this is so cute! Love the color combos. I find it unique and classy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I was looking at the nails.... I was seeing Blue ocean with a orangey sunset in the background; lol.

    It looks really good! :)

    xo, Nykki from nykki-talks-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!!! These 2 colors remind me of a lot of things, summer, the beach, spring, and I def can see a blue ocean with a sunset!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, love your blog and am new follower
    Check mine out lsamermaidia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I will check it out now :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...