Some of you might have noticed that my weekend blog hop didn't come down for almost 2 weeks and I haven't posted anything. So real quickly I just want to address that. I'm sure most of you are familiar with Hurricane Sandy especially if you live on the East Coast like myself. I lost power for almost 2 weeks and it was awful especially when it started to get really cold. However when I saw what this storm did to some of the other areas I felt really lucky that power was all I lost. Some people lost their entire homes and even worse lost ones. It's horrible and I can't even imagine so my prayers go out to anyone that is dealing with the aftermath of this hurricane.
Okay on a happier note, Perfume! What girl doesn't love it? This might just be in my mind but I always feel like the scent of my perfume doesn't last more than a hour. I remember someone told me a while ago that if you can smell your own fragrance than you applied to much, but I'm not sure if that's a myth or not. Anyway, I was flipping through Decembers issue of Cosmo and read a neat article that gave tips on how to prolong the scent of your perfume and wanted to share them with you!
Here's what Cosmo says:
"Strategically apply your perfume. Combine any two of the tips below and it'll never short-fuse again".
1. Dab Vaseline onto the fronts of your ankles and the backs of your knees, then spritz with perfume. The scent rises, so its key to affix it to those low pulse points.
2. Spray one of your inner wrists and press (don't rub, doing so breaks up the notes so they fade) it against the other one for five seconds.
3. Mist your cleavage and the area of your bra where the cups connect (unless silk). The heated heart-zone is great at propelling scent molecules.
4. Apply perfume to a dollop of hair smoothing cream, and apply it to the bottom 2 inches of your hair, the most porous and absorbent part.
* Slather your body with unscented lotion. Perfume clings best to well hydrated skin (and a bland moisturize wont mix with or disrupt the scent).
Since we're on the topic of perfume I usually get a new bottle every Christmas as a gift. For some reason I rarely buy it myself and I'm not sure why. For the past few years I've been either using DKNY Be Delicious or Estee Lauder Pleasures. Oh and also Britney Spears Curious. I think I want to try something different this year, Cosmo has a few new scents in the mag that smell really nice like Lady Gaga's Fame for example. I actually have a headache now from smelling all the samples in this magazine lol.
What are some of your favorite perfumes? I would love some suggestions.
Click the links below :)