5/01/2012

A Year's Challenge Week 18: Cartoon Mani

When I first found out that this week was a cartoon mani I was thinking this was going to be a definite challenge but in in a good way. There are so many different cartoon's from when I was a kid and now that would be so fun to do. The problem though, how was I going to draw a cartoon character's face on my nail? Then a few days later Mickey and Minnie mouse popped into my head and I knew exactly what I wanted to do, the colors, the nail art, etc.



This is what I came up with. I used Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Snappy Sorbet and used a dotting tool and white polish for the polka dots.  I free handed in some black bows using my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen. Then I added some rhinestone pearls to the bows.



For the accent nail I used Essie's Jazz and then I added the details for Minnie's face with my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen.  I used a small nail art brush to fill in the eyes and mouth.



If it wasn't for the eyelashes I think it would have looked like a dogs face lol. Oh well, im pretty pleased with how it came out. I don't like the glare on my nails from the camera, it makes everything look blurry :(

This was probably one of my favorite challenges to do so far. I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with  :)




Click the links below :)



Photobucket


17 comments:

  1. beautybymissl12:33 PM

    Adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love this!! :) oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is really cute! I think you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that's really cute!!! love it so much!!!^^

    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

     

    ReplyDelete
  6. glossandglitz3:04 AM

    this is BEYOND adorable!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank....s for this nice post

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always do amazing nail looks. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so cuuute Kelly!  You really outdid yourself girl!  I am so jealous of your talents!  Very impressive. :)  

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww!! That's so sweet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so sweet!!! I don't know if talent is the word lol. It actually wasn't too hard but thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...