I have to be honest, Valentines Day has never been one of my favorite holidays, I don't hate it but I don't love it either..and no lol, it's not just because I'm single this year. Even when I was with someone it wasn't something I made a big deal about. That's just me though. However it is a perfect excuse to do your nails really cute :) I wanted to do a little more with my Valentines Day mani but before I knew it I was doing my nails on Sunday night. So I kept it pretty simple, but cute.
I already knew I wanted to use the colors white and a pink so I decided to paint every other nail with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Snappy Sorbet and Whirlwind White. By the way, if you're looking for a good quality white that isn't expensive then try Whirlwind White. I picked up this one a few weeks ago, and now it's my favorite white I've tried. It goes on opaque in one coat without any streaks and the application is so effortless.
I drew a heart on my accent finger (left hand) with Sally Hansen's Nail Art Pen then filled it in with Snappy Sorbet using a nail art brush. On my pointer finger I used the same nail art pen to write the xoxo.
The little heart design that is on the accent finger on my right hand is actually just a nail art stencil that came with a kit of nail stripier polishes by Kiss. It was really easy to use, you just placed it over your finger and painted over it, took it off and that was it. Then on my middle finger I used one of my dotting tools that I received from the Born Pretty Store a few months back. I still have a coupon code for 5% off if you order from them.
I ordered a bunch of stamping plates last week and 2 nail stamping polishes bc I've been having trouble with the As Seen on TV kit I bought. I'm hoping either the stamps or the polish will help. I heard good reviews on their stamping plates and they were only $1.50 to $2.50 each!! You can't beat that plus the no shipping. If you happen to order from there use my code, KC5W21. It doesn't expire until the end of March.
Even though this is only my 2nd week participating in this Year Nail Challenge, I like it so far. Next week is a corset mani, that should be interesting, for me anyway. But I'm determined to try my best with every week. I'll post the list of mani's for each week in case you didn't see it in the last post. Let me know if you're already doing this challenge or you decide to so I can look at your mani's each week :)
1. Jan. 1st - "Make it Sparkle" Mani.
- Pull out your Best looking glitter, flakie or holo and bring in the New Year with a "Bang".
2. Jan. 8th - French Tip Mani.
3. Jan. 15th - Color Block Mani.
4. Jan. 22nd - Plaid Mani.
5. Jan. 29th - Newspaper Mani.
8. Feb. 19th - Corset Mani.
9. Feb. 26th - "Vintage" Mani.
10. Mar. 4th - Polka Dot Mani
11. Mar. 11th - "St. Patrick's Day" Mani.
12. Mar. 18th - Skittle Mani.
13. Mar. 25th - Ruffian Mani.
14. Apr. 1st - Striped Mani.
15. Apr. 8th - "Easter Day" Mani.
16. Apr. 15th - Dotticure Mani.
17. Apr. 22nd - "Earth Appreciation" Mani.
18. Apr. 29th - Cartoon Mani.
19. May. 6th - Floral Mani.
20. May. 13th - Bows Mani.
21. May. 20th - Fruit Mani.
22. May. 27th - Splatter Mani.
23. Jun. 3rd - Ombre Mani.
24. Jun. 10th - Flag Mani.
25. Jun. 17th - Pride/Rainbow Mani.
26. Jun. 24th - Neon Mani.
27. July. 1st - "4th of July" Mani.
28. July. 8th - Gradient Mani.
29. July. 15th - "Rockstar" Mani.
30. July. 22th - Water Marble Mani.
31. July. 29th - Crackle Mani.
32. Aug. 5th - Needle Marble Mani.
33. Aug. 12th - Galaxy Mani.
34. Aug. 19th - "Bling" Mani.
35. Aug. 26th - Cupcake Mani.
36. Sept. 2nd - Tape Mani.
37. Sept. 9th - "We Remember 9/11" Mani.bui
38. Sept. 16th - Metallic/Magnetic Mani.
39. Sept. 23rd - Dry Marble Mani.
40. Sept. 30th - Animal Print Mani.
41. Oct. 7th - Patchwork Mani.
42. Oct. 14th - "Pink 4 Breast Cancer Awareness" Mani.
43. Oct. 21st - Spider Web Mani.
44. Oct. 28th - Halloween Mani.
45. Nov. 4th - Tribal Mani.
46. Nov. 11th - "Mustach, 4 Movember; Prostate Cancer Awareness" Mani.
47. Nov. 18th - Thanksgiving Day Mani.
48. Nov. 25th - Feather Mani.
49. Dec. 2nd - Glitter Sandwich Mani.
50. Dec. 9th - Snowflake Mani.
51. Dec. 16th - Red Mani.
52. Dec. 23rd - Christmas Mani.
- 30/31 - you've learned enough; go all out and show 2O13, what its all about!
Click the links below :)