2/29/2012

A Year's Challenge Week 9: Vintage Mani

This week' s mani was Vintage, so of course I googled it and the only thing that came up was the mani with the half moon and the tips not polished. Thinking back to week 6's Half Moon mani and how much I failed at it, I couldn't imagine doing it again. So I decided to do something different.

When I think of vintage I don't think of just one era, to me it is something older that represented a certain time, no matter what it is. Whether this means Vintage or not, I thought of the bright colors from the 60's & 70"s and knew I wanted to use that as my inspiration. When I look at this picture it reminds me of the movie Austin Powers.



I know my nails don't look anything like this picture and I really didn't intend them to be. It's more of the bright, neon, crazy colors that I wanted them to represent.. So this is how my Vintage Mani turned out:


I used a very sheer light green by L.A Color Craze as the base, then I used my L.A Art Deco Striper Polishes for the rainbow effect I was trying to achieve. I used Sally Hansen's Nail Art Pen to draw the little smiley face and dotting tools to draw the flower. 


One reason I really like this challenge is because it makes me come out of my comfort zone when it comes to nail art and designs. They might not always come out the way I wanted them to (like this one) but it's still fun :)


What do you guys think of this week's mani, even if your not taking part in the challenge. what would you have done?



Click the links below :)

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I love this Kelly, and LOVE your interpretation of "vintage".  Yes, I consider vintage to also mean many eras, so you are right on with that one!  Very bright & fun mani for sure! Flower Power! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your just awesome kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smiley face :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. NailsbyCarol1:04 AM

    So funky! It reminds me of That 70's Show, I love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa12:56 PM

    Very cute... They remind me of Rainbow Bright. :)

    Melissa
    http://t-g-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww!! Thank you!!!:) Flower Power is definitely what comes to mind when I look at my nails lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! You're right, I didn't even think of that. lol Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I know! That's sort of the look I was going for as well. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. glossandglitz6:43 PM

    oh my goodness... so so cute Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE! What I really enjoy about the challenge is that there is some room for interpretation. You see how different people respond to the word "vintage." I think your take on it is fab:) 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks :))) Exactly, that' so true. That's why I was wondering if everyone would have the same definition of vintage or not. I think next week is a dotting mani. At least that one will be pretty easy

    ReplyDelete
  12. mycatsaysmeow1:36 AM

    I probably would have done either this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGRjlMjeTdw 

    (which I know would make it not original, but I just think it's so cute)

    or vintage roses, which you can find tutorials for by searching for it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...