I'm all about DIY beauty recipes and use them a lot. These tomato masks are easy and effective, especially for oily and acne prone skin. The reason why tomatoes are so effective is because they contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals such as A, C, E, iron and potassium which help nourish the skin. They also have an astringent effect on the skin to help remove excess oil and minimize the pores.
Here are two effective Tomato Masks I've used that you can easily make at home. The first one has a few more ingredients than the other one.
DIY Tomato Mask: Recipe #1:
- Chop one tomato and combine in a food processor or blender with 1 tsp. of lemon juice and 1 tsp. of oatmeal. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Cleanse face first and then apply the mask to your skin leaving it on for about 10 minutes.
- Gently remove with a damp washcloth and rinse skin to remove all the residue.
DIY Tomato Mask: Recipe #2:
- Cut a tomato in half or quarters (depending on the size of the tomato).
- Using one half or one piece at a time, gently rub the pulp side onto clean skin. (Don't use around the eyes).
- Keep massaging the tomato pieces in a circular motion until the skin is covered with juice.
- Allow the juice to dry (about 10 min) then rinse with cool water.
Have you ever tried a DIY Tomato Mask before? Let me know if you try these, I would love to know what you thought :)
Click the links below :)