3/08/2013

Beauty Tip of the Week: DIY Tomato Masks

I've decided to bring back the Beauty Tip of The Week feature!!  I'm excited because I did this for the first year and a half of my blog and I've missed it. The reason I stopped was because I felt like I was running out of tips and didn't want to just give you useless or repeated tips for the sake of a post. So, now that it's been a while I feel like I have some new tips to share with you and I will be posting them every Friday from now on.


I'm all about DIY beauty recipes and use them a lot. These tomato masks are easy and effective, especially for oily and acne prone skin. The reason why tomatoes are so effective is because they contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals such as A, C, E, iron and potassium which help nourish the skin. They also have an astringent effect on the skin to help remove excess oil and minimize the pores.

Here are two effective Tomato Masks I've used that you can easily make at home. The first one has a few more ingredients than the other one.

DIY Tomato Mask: Recipe #1:
  • Chop one tomato and combine in a food processor or blender with 1 tsp. of lemon juice and 1 tsp. of oatmeal. Blend to a smooth paste.
  • Cleanse face first and then apply the mask to your skin leaving it on for about 10 minutes. 
  • Gently remove with a damp washcloth and rinse skin to remove all the residue.

DIY Tomato Mask: Recipe #2:
  • Cut a tomato in half or quarters (depending on the size of the tomato).
  • Using one half or one piece at a time, gently rub the pulp side onto clean skin. (Don't use around the eyes).
  • Keep massaging the tomato pieces in a circular motion until the skin is covered with juice. 
  • Allow the juice to dry (about 10 min) then rinse with cool water. 

Have you ever tried a DIY Tomato Mask before? Let me know if you try these, I would love to know what you thought :)



Click the links below :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I tried using tomatoe as a face mask years ago and my face went all red! I also had a face cream that contained tomatoe extract and that made my face red too, so I don't think tomatoes are for me which is odd cos I can eat them no problem! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? I think some types of skin don't react well with it. I have a tomato toner from Burt's and Bee's that I love but there are other people that hate because of that reason. Thanks for reading :))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ever tried this but I need too!!! I love diy anything!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...