LOCATION: Vancouver Island, Canada
I am a west coast girly-girl, but I’m far from “high maintenance” and I can rough it if I have to ;) I have an M.Ed in TESOL, and I speak French and some Spanish. I love to travel and have been lucky to visit a lot of incredible places! Many things in life make me smile, and sharing my love of makeup and beauty products is a passion turned hobby!
2. Where can we find you?
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
Well, I’ve been reading beauty reviews long before I started my own. One day, after searching for a product review without the results I had hoped for, I decided “Hey, I can do this!” So far it’s been a blast:)
4. What type of posts will we find on your blog?
Most all topics are related to my own experiences with ‘such and such’ beauty product. From makeup, to nail polish, and even hair care. Also, I provide some fun tutorials that are easy to follow. Sometimes a post will be totally random too!
5. Did you start your blog or YouTube channel first and which one is more challenging?
Actually I started them both at the same time. My YouTube channel is a TON of work, but so much fun. I love the editing process although it’s very time consuming. It was so hard to get used to watching myself at first, but I just had to let go of my insecurities and trust in myself.
6. What are a few of your Holy Grail products?
Dior 365 Rose VIP lipstick has been a staple in my makeup collection for almost 15 years straight. But I am a lover of a good deal, so I love brands like NYC, Wet n Wild and Rimmel London. However, I recently bought UD’s NAKED palette and finally understood what all the hype was about;) Yes, it’s THAT good lol!
7. Were there any YouTube gurus that inspired you start your channel, and do you ever get nervous being in front of the camera?
Definitely. The first guru I ever saw on YT was @beechbum06. I loved Caitlin’s personality - she was so sweet and I could tell she just really enjoyed what she did. These days I also love watching @RachelTalbott. As far as getting nervous? YES! But I’m getting better with time. One day I will post a bloopers video... haha!
8. Do you ever feel that's its difficult having both a blog and a YT channel? Do you have any advice for someone that wants to start a channel and already has a blog?
Not at all actually! I find both work so well together. YT allows me to connect with people “face-to-face” and allows my real personality to shine through. My blog also allows me to be creative and express myself by writing - something I really love to do.
9. If you could tell people one reason why they should check out your blog and YT channel, what would it be?
I’ll make you smile (and maybe even laugh a little ;)
10. Lastly, has your life changed in any way since you started your blog and channel, if so, how?
I’ve met some of the most incredible people and I’m so happy to have the opportunity to share my love with others who feel the exact same! I look forward to each time I sit down in my chair to work, and it never seems like “work”. It’s a wonderful feeling knowing I can just be myself and that there are people out there who are truly appreciative of what I contribute.
A big thank you to Kelly for the opportunity, as well as the support you continually show me. So glad our paths have crossed!
Thanks again Janna for the interview! I enjoy reading your blog as well as watching your videos. Keep up the great work!!
Click the links below :)