I'm an aspiring writer who currently works as a reporter for a newspaper. My top three loves are films, writing, and makeup. I didn't always love makeup, but my freshman year of high school, my mom took me to the nearest Sephora as a treat the day of my first homecoming dance, and as we shall say, the rest is history!
2. Where can we find you?
Blog: A Thing of Beauty
The Bargain Hunter
Elle and Blair's website:
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
I love to write, and I've been reading beauty blogs for quite a while, so I just sat down one day at my computer and decided to make a blog! I wasn't so much inspired as I was determined to find another outlet for writing.
4. What types of posts can we find the most of on your blog?
I do product reviews the most, particularly of drugstore products. I also do "Makeup of the Day" posts so that you know exactly which products I use on an everyday basis.
5. I see that you have another blog, "The Bargain Hunter", I love finding great deals on beauty products. What's your #1 secret at doing this?
My number one secret at finding great deals is comparing several stores at a time. Just because Covergirl is BOGO 1/2 off at Walgreens doesn't mean that there's not a better sale that week at Rite Aid, so it's really important to stay on top of the sales.
6. What are your 3 favorite makeup brands?
Covergirl, Maybelline, and ELF.
7. What is your favorite part about blogging?
My favorite part of blogging is getting feedback from readers-I love reading comments and meeting fellow bloggers.
8. Have you experienced any negative aspects from blogging, if so how do you or how would you deal with them?
The most negative aspect are those days where you don't get many views on your blog, and you feel as though no one is reading it. But, I just remember that tomorrow is another day and who knows who'll want to read my blog!
9. What are a few of your favorite blogs?
I've read "Temptalia" for years now, but I love "Love Meagan", "Nouveau Cheap", and "A Beautiful Mess".
10. Lastly, has your life changed in anyway since you started blogging, if so, how?
Yes, my life has gotten more expensive! It's not cheap being a beauty blogger, as you constantly have to buy new products to review, which is why I started couponing so that I could save as much as I could but still bring my readers new reviews. I've also found that I've expanded as a writer on techniques and such.
Click the links below :)