9/03/2011

It Aint That Simple Featuring Latorsha

I know some of you might be married already and some may not, like me. One of my favorite blogger friends, Latorsha has a great blog called Life is Hard, Laugh Anyway She is married with a young son so she always has great posts about what its like to be a wife and mom, as well as some stories that will have you cracking up. I thought I would ask her to come on over here and tell those of us aren’t married yet what it's really like. This is supposed to be a funny post, so I don’t want any of you to read this and swear off marriage lol. Thank you, Latorsha for taking time out to deliver this great post!!!! Hope everyone enjoys it and don’t forget to check out her blog.

It's Ain’t That Simple

Many of you that are single are probably dreaming of finding the perfect man, getting married and living happily ever after.



Well, let me give you my run down on marriage. I like to call it “It ain’t that simple”.

Today I'll share with you 5 reasons I believe It ain't that simple. Reasons 5-100 I'll let you figure out on your own. Consider learning those as part of your initiation to marriage. Good luck!

Let’s get started.






1. Don't think after marriage you'll go home, take off your make up, hair, nails, etc sit on the couch and have a glass of wine.

Oh no! Hubby will look at you, I mean won't look at you and will ask where dinner is?

Didn't realize you'd become the chef at the altar did you?

2. Back to the hair and makeup

Remember those days before dating him when you walked around your home in flannel pajamas looking a hot mess, watching Sex and the City and eating ice cream.

Well hubby doesn't, because you never let him see you like that. So don't think that is going to go over well. You'll be cuddling all by yourself.

3. Those days before marriage when you were aggravated and had major bouts of PMS, you’d tell him I’m staying in tonight and I’ll see you tomorrow.

After marriage, it is not so simple. It’s kind of hard to say that when he is laying right beside you and his name is on the mortgage too.

4. So you like your place nice and clean.

I mean no dishes in the sink or dirty clothes on the floor. Hmmmm might want to rethink that. I know what you are saying, no my man’s place is always neat.

Of course it is. Who doesn’t make a good impression when they are dating? Browse back over points 2 and 3.

5. Exercise, remember it well.

People have a way of being more relaxed when they get married. Sure skip a day here or there, lay on the couch a little more, eat a little more, and essentially transform into a new shape. You know, like a circle.

Okay. I’ll stop here because I don’t want to ruin the surprises for you. Just consider yourself warned, I mean filled with anticipation.

These are just a FEW reasons that living happily ever after may not be as simple as you might imagine.

I recommend that you continue to take notes here at Beauty Obsessed so you can find some ways to keep and maintain a beautiful look.

The other stuff, well I am still trying to figure that out. After 9 years of marriage you learn to go with the flow.

I wish you all well in relationships, marriage, and of course living happily ever after.

Note: To my dear husband, if you finally stepped out of the box and made your way here by actually reading my blog I just want you to know that I was held against my will to write this and may have been under the influence of wine. Again, they made me do it.
Cause baby, you know we living that happily ever after.


Latorsha, is the blogger of Life is Hard, Laugh Anyway, a place where she tries to remain optimistic by any means necessary, mostly laughter. She especially loves connecting with new people. On twitter you can follow her at @AnOptimisticMom. You can check out her blog Here or contact her at AnOptimisticMom@ gmail.com

24 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Thanks so much!!! So excited that you invited me over.

    PS: I am also leaving this comment to make myself feel better. You know 1 comment is better than 0. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome!! Im excited to have your post on my blog!! and dont worry, i left a comment on my post on your blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're posts are so fun! So, I'm not suppose to walk around the house looking like a hot mess, eating ice cream and watching chick flicks? This explains a lot. I definitely need to take more beauty notes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is one we're STILL working on. We never fought so much as when we were first married, over socks on the floor.
    It's amazing how quickly life can burst the lovey-dovey bubble, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post and oh how true! I had to giggle at each one of them because I thought marriage was all giggles and romance. Bwahaha was I in for a surprise. Marriage it hard. It takes two to make it happen and oh yeah, it is a change from dating. A BIG change! LMAO But, after all that and 30+ pounds later, I still wouldn't change it for the world. I marriage my best friend and we can survive anything. After all when you're 70-80 years old, how many of us are still going to be making while passionate whoopie? Pfft, I think now. BE SURE to be friends before anything.... well at least thats my two cents.

    A definite reblog imo! Great blog btw! Definitely going to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just my two cents, but who knows?? lol
    Thanks for stopping by, I hope you got a chance to look around, this site is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lovey-dovey bubble burst. I love it!! I wish I had thought of this as a name for the post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BREN!!! Thanks for stopping by. So glad you are now following. Sooo many great tips!
    Yes, you definitely have to be friends with the person you marry cause it is not all romance. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew this post would be a hit!!!!! I'm so glad!!!! thank you :))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol. My husband starts calling about dinner on his lunch break! Oh and he doesn't even know where we keep the ketchup, sugar, or syrup! I still love him though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute list. Somehow I have the feeling you could have gone on and on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I concur with Bren..make sure you are friends. Heaven knows there will be times when love isn't enough and your friendship will have to get you through!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If there's somebody who knows that marriage isn't all that simple, that would have to be me :). Coming from a divorce, I certainly know for a fact that marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be. Love and a strong foundation of friendship will help seal the bond and make husband and wife strong enough to weather any storm.

    I'm a new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know me too well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just from your comments I've learned another few things about marriage:) This was a great post Latorsha, thank you so much for doing it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! You know I follow you everywhere and I got a good laugh out of this. Been married 7 years so I agree with you. And your note at the end was hysterical. My husband really doesn't get around to reading my books OR my blog but at least this part of my creativity is all for me!! But I do love teasing him about it...what you didn't mention?? Men have the same problems after they get married. But you can do a blog post on that later - great post and site!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MAN! After 10 years of marriage and three baby boys later, I define hot mess when I'm home! Thank GOODNESS my husband has the uncanny ability to still see me the way I was when I was 15! HA! Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have my husband trained to come home from work and cook dinner. It works out well for both of us since I'm a terrible cook and never hid that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Jenn! =)
    As far as the note at the end........that's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. As someone who is not married yet thus this was very interesting to read. Never thought about what happens on those pms days when you just want to be left alone but can't LOL. Thanks for sharing will now be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jessica, That is what I'm talking about!!!! Keeping it real from day one. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jessica needs to teach me her secrets! I think my husband forgot how to turn on the stove and instead turns to me. the whole thing about wanting to be left alone hit home. i remember that moment early in my marriage and i was like, "dang it, i don't have anywhere to go. we both live here!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yayyy!!!! Marriage sounds so fun!!!! lol.. I cant wait.. No.. Im just kidding :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...