9/06/2011

NOTD: Blue Me Away!

BLUE ME AWAY!

by Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Polish





I’m really liking Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Polish, I think this is the third color this month I’ve bought in this exact brand. I saw this at CVS the other day with all the other colors and it was like it was screaming “buy me, buy me”! lol. Well you know what I mean, this color just stood out and I feel like it's probably going to be one of the last summerish colors I'm going to wear. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, I probably still have a few more colors to sneak in before fall.






When I applied the second coat I was like whoa! this is definitely a bold bright color but extremely pretty at the same time. I always use my Sally Hansen INST-DRI top coat, but I guess it’s time to buy a new one. Before I even went and  applied it on my nails I could tell just by the brush that the polish was getting thick and gooey (I think that’s the word to explain it lol). So I had to use a top coat that came with one of the nail art kits I have. I feel like it worked well, especially because I still had my INSTA-DRI speed drops that I swear make my manicure last twice as long. Anyway, that’s my little top coat story…




I wanted to do some sort of nail art or decals with this color and I thought pink and yellow would make the blue pop even more. Nothing fancy at all, I just used L.A.COLORS ART DECO in pink to make a few lines. Then I went through my old nail art kit that has stickers, gems, decals, etc. and I found pretty little yellow flowers that matched great with the blue and pink. ( I thought so anyway). This would actually be a really pretty spring look.



QUICK TIP:  To really ensure that your nail polish is sealed and dry, wait a few minutes after applying your polish and soak them in ice cold water for a few minutes. I was hesitant to try this at first but afterwards I could feel that the polish had hardened and was confident that I wouldn’t have any chipped nails the next day

8 comments:

  1. Wow that blue is vibrant! it looks gorgeous =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, that's a great tip about soaking your polished nails in cold water! My favorite color from Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri line is "Grape Going".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I love Sally Hansen, especially lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Taygan!! It is vibrant, i didn't realize how vibrant it was till afterwards..lol. But I like it. Thanks for following btw. Your blog is awesome, you have so much great stuff on there. Im following.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really pretty color. It really stands out. It almost looks like an Easter egg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!! lol...it does look like an Easter egg color, totally a spring color

    ReplyDelete
  7. MariJo Nails9:57 PM

    This color looks really great on you.  I love the design on your accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I LOVE nail polish and nail art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...