4/25/2012

Wednesday's Beauty Tip


Beauty Tip of the Week

Hey Dolls,
I know it's been a while since I posted my Wednesday Beauty Tip of the week. To be honest, I started to run out of tips! lol, I posted a new tip every week for almost a year. I didn't want to post tips that weren't helpful or that you already knew about. So I figured it would be better to only post a tip of the week when I found a new one. Hopefully I will have new tips more often for you guys. 


I'm sure we all clean our makeup brushes once a week..right? lol. I would be lying if I said I religiously cleaned mine every week. I should but you know how it is. I do deep clean them once a month and I'll use elf's cleaner to spot treat them every so often. I usually use just baby shampoo and water when deep cleaning but I recently came across this little recipe and tried it. I have to say my brushes came out a lot softer than usual not to mention very clean. Try this mixture next time you clean your brushes. 







In a bowl mix:
1 cup of warm water 
1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil
small drop of baby shampoo
Swirl your brushes in this mixture, rinse and let air-dry. 


How do you guys usually clean your brushes? If you try this let me know what you thought :)




Click the links below :)
Follow via GFC
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook Page


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Tea tree! Worth a try I think! I'm terrible with washing brushes, very lazy indeed. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa3:16 PM

    I use a homemade recipe for spot cleaning and my purity made simple or just baby shampoo for deep cleaning. 

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. inHERshoes9:02 PM

    i use parian spirit as a spot cleaner, totally amazing! it smells like citrus, too!
    i just use johnson's baby shampoo for a full-wash, and it's kept my brushes nice and soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glossandglitz1:27 AM

    I use baby shampoo too! but the tea tree oil is a great idea! I recently got he Sigma Dry n Shape too so I'm pretty excited to try it:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. alana balanska2:44 PM

    Hey Kelly!! You'de be glad to know that these beauty and skincare tips of
    yours really work!! I've tried on most of them and they are incredibly effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I think we all are lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh that sounds good, Im gonna have to try that next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never heard of that, Im gonna have to try it. Love baby shampoo and its so cheap too

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're gonna have to let me know how that works bc I recently heard about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. glossandglitz11:38 PM

    I will for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I tagged you for the 11 questions tag! http://seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/04/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...