4/01/2012

A Year's Challenge Week 13: Ruffian Mani

I am so late posting this week's nail challenge! Sorry! I need to get myself back on track. Everytime I went to do my nails this week it either wasn't the right time or I didn't have enough time to finish them. It's crazy because I've always found time to do my nails.

This week's challenge was a Ruffian mani and I honestly never heard of it before so I had to goggle it. I was surprised when I first saw what it was, it reminds me of the half moon mani except the moon part is bigger.




I think it's fair to say that I definitely failed at this one. This looks more like a half moon than what it was supposed to look like. I do like the color combo though. At first I planned on using my matte topcoat over the black to give it that matte and glossy look. Then I realized I liked the black glossy so I kept it that way.



This would have came out better if the I made the gold part thinner. I used those white french manicure guides and placed them upside down on my nail then painted the rest of the nail black.  I guess it needed to be lower on my nail to make the moon part thinner. I didn't trust myself to free hand it, I probably would have never gotten the moon shape to come out right.

I first used Gold Coin by Revlon for the base color then Black Out by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. 

There's only two pictures because I wasn't really happy with the outcome so I didn't take a lot of pictures. I haven't got a chance yet to see everyone else's mani this week but I'm sure they look great. I'm looking forward to next week's challenge because it's a striped manicure and it will be posted a lot earlier this time :)

How do you feel about the Ruffian mani, Have you tried it or ever heard of it?



Click the links below :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Amanda Faulkner12:51 AM

    Hey Kelly!  I really like this one.  The gold/black combo is classic and STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thanks!! Im not that crazy about it but I do like the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatrebeccasaid4:31 PM

    Hey girl great post! Thanks for the comment on my blog - I'd love to see you do some fitness/health posts too - I'd definitely read them :) 


    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. glossandglitz1:27 AM

    very cool.... and definitely a new one for my nail "vocabulary"!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I like the color combo. I've never heard of this type of manicure either, but I like it. I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Aly!! I never heard of it either until the nail challenge. It's almost the same thing as the half moon manicure. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...