4/08/2012

A Year's Challenge Week 14: Striped Mani

Okay, so I know I said I was going to post this week's challenge on time but as you can see it didn't turn out that way. (*sigh*) Hopefully next week I'll get it right.

 But anyway, this week's nail challenge was a striped mani which is cool because the possibilities are endless. There are so many different ways you can create a striped mani. I thought about it for a bit and decided to do something I haven't done since last summer, and that's a Zebra/Tiger manicure. That's when I first started really getting into nail art.



I went with with something different as you can see. I didn't plan on this at first but once I was done with my nails I noticed they had a army or military look to them. Not your usual zebra style colors but I like it.

I used Essie's Jazz for the base color and for the stripes I used my Art Deco Nail Striper polishes in black and white. One of the reasons I like doing zebra mani's is because it's okay if you mess up a little or the stripes aren't perfect. There really not supposed to be.


        

Did you notice anything different about my nails? There a lot of shorter, I broke my middle finger nail the other day and it split very low so I had no choice but to cut it down. My nails looked really weird with one short middle nail and the rest long so I had to cut them ALL down! :(  At first I was very upset lol. Then once I cut them and filed them down they started to grow on me. Plus, I'm able to type so much faster and my nails tend to grow fast anyway. So I'm over my little tantrum lol. 

What do you guys think of this color combo, ya or nay? 



Click the links below :)


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. beautybymissl1:51 PM

    Wow! This mani looks really cool and creative! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nails! They are the perfect length! I always liked how long your nails were, but they can totally get in the way day-to-day. I used to have mine that long and they bothered me so much! lol
    I like the nail art you did too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! and better late than never posting ;) i just trimmed my nails yesterday! omg they were def getting in the way of typing! i think i have them at the perfect length right now. Love your take on the stripes tho! so pretty!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Faulkner2:21 AM

    I love this design!  I love how versatile it is and that some people would look at it and go, "animal print!"  While others would go, "stripes!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!! Im actually happy that I cut my nails now bc typing is so much easier. I would like them a bit longer but they'll grow. I forgot to tell you, on last week's nail challenge, not only did we almost do the same matte topcoat we used the same black polish. I think there was something else we did the same too. lol. That's funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!! Yea, your right. It's so easy to do too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...