After our few weeks of Indian summer ended and the cool temps we've had this week, I'm now in the fall mood. I came home the other day and noticed my mom had put a pumpkin in front of our house like she does every year. As soon as I saw the pumpkin it reminded of this pumpkin facial mask I tried last year. I immediately couldn't wait to post this for you guys. The ingredients in pumpkin will help all skin types, high in Vitamins A and Z and Zinc, this squash helps heal and protect the skin from free radicals, while gently dissolving dead skill cells. When you add egg and milk it helps bind the mask together, nourishing and lifting the skin.
I found these easy recipe to be very soothing and moisturizing and my skin had a healthy glow afterwards. Again, I would never share a recipe with you that I haven't tried on myself :) So after Halloween is over don't throw away your pumpkins!
- 2 teaspoons of cooked pumpkin (you can also use canned pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
For Dry Skin- you can add a small amount of honey- it will attract and keep moisture inside your skin where it belongs.
For Oily Skin- mix in a splash of apple cider vinegar for an astringent effect.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, egg and milk
- Add any optional ingredients and mix gently
- Apply to your face with either your fingers or an old makeup brush (avoiding the eyes)
- Relax, read, do chores or whatever you would like for the next 15-20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply your regular moisturizer
*Put an old shirt on that you don't mind getting ruined and put a towel on your counter or floor. If you drop some you don't want it to ruin your clothes or floor.
Let me know if you try this and how you liked it :)
Click the links below :)