10/25/2011

INTERVIEWING DANI FROM SO MANY LOVELY THINGS

 Interview with Dani from So many lovely things



Shoes, make up and other indulgences worth living for



1. Mini Bio?

I am a Brazilian girl who has been living in London, UK for 9 years. I am shoe maniac and make up lover with an inclination to sparkly, colourful things who adores everything girly. I like drama and I don’t do half-hearted. Extremely organised within my own mess.

2. What type of posts can we see on your blog?

My posts are usually about shoes, beauty and styles that I love, that excite me. They can be stuff I see and covet (like shoe designs, exhibitions/events, new products, wishlists) or things I try/do (such as reviews of beauty products and shoes I buy or events I might attend). I also do some trend spotting from time to time. The “Nails of the week” post is a permanent fixture!




3. What inspired you to start your blog and whats your favorite part about it?

I started due to the fact I have always been the person friends come for advice and opinions on what to wear and make up. I always helped them to shop for new trends or a particular event, put looks together and even do their eye make up for nights out, it is nice to have outlet for my views! Also, most blogs I read at the time showed products, clothes and items I could not afford, so it was all lovely to look at and adapt, but a bit unrealistic for me as I consider myself to be an ordinary girl, with a pretty “normal” life (I have a full time job I enjoy - unfortunately, not shoes or beauty related -, I choose carefully and save money for luxury items, even started a Shoe Fund to see that happening, I have to budget and stop myself from buying too much), but I still have a passion, and this is the way I make it work within my means, so I think lots of girls can relate. I see beauty and fashion as a way of expressing myself and enhancing my natural look, an enabler to make the most of it. The best part is that I am writing about subjects I am very passionate about, so it is a real pleasure. I feel good after writing, and I love when people appreciate and relate to what I write!

4. I can see you love shoes! What type of shoes do you like the most?

Really? How did you notice? Ha ha – Definitely high heels, by far. I love everything about shoes: the design, the ergonomics, the materials, the details (or lack of), the heels, the making of an outfit – but most of all, I love the way it makes you feel. I own, unashamedly, more than 100 pairs. I LOVE shoes!!! Did I mention that before?

5. Where would you like to see your blog 6 months to a year from now?

 I would like to gather more followers, get the conversation going, ideally, make my blog a platform for girls like myself to talk comfortably about everyday issues - it would be great to be a reference point for advice on shoes, beauty and style! Getting invited to industry related events to get the inside scoop and get sent products in order to review them wouldn't be bad either! It would be fantastic to have sponsors, but success for me doesn’t necessarily mean making money out of it. Just a good following and recognition would be enough for me!

6. How do you like WordPress, what are some pros & cons?

 I really enjoy using the Wordpress platform, I find the interface quite intuitive, so for me it has a great ease of use. The only thing I’ve had a problem with is adding things that are not on the template – it can take a bit of time and technical knowledge.

7. Name a few blogs you read?

I have been reading your Beauty Obsessed very often! I also read The Vogue Beauty blog [http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/the-vogue-beauty-blog], The Shoe Blog [http://www.shoeblog.com/], Miss Budget Beauty [http://missbudgetbeauty.blogspot.com]Style Bubble [http://www.stylebubble.co.uk], Cocorosa [http://mypreciousconfessions.blogspot.com], and Wendy’s Look Book [http://www.wendyslookbook.com/ ] and Feed your Style [http://www.feedyourstyle.com/ ](the two last have cool youtube channels too!)

8. If you were only allowed to go into one of your favorite clothing stores or beauty stores, which one would you pick?

Just one?! Tough!!!
It would have to be a shoe store: Christian Louboutin.
And if I could be cheeky and go for a make up one too, it would be MAC!


9. Whats one of the things that makes you continue to blog and not just give up?

The fact that it makes me feel *really* good, I love writing on it, as the stuff I write about are things I do and think anyway – and if one person out there is reading, I will continue

10. Do you think blogging has changed your life in anyway, if so how?

Yes, it made me more confident about my choices and my style. It also made me more adventurous to try new things. It opened up new experiences, like “meeting” other lovely bloggers out there, like yourself! Hopefully, it will change my life even more – we never know what the future holds!

Thanks Dani for taking the time out to do this interview. I've been following your blog for a while now and your posts are really inspiring. It's obvious you are very passionate about your blog and writing so everything you hope for your blog one day will come true if you keep doing what you do... xoxo
Make sure to check out So many lovely things.

If anyone is interested in being interviwed and featured on my blog please click here!


Click the links below :)










1 comment:

  1. Great interview! Haven't seen a shoe blogger before and I will definitely be tuning into your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...