I ended up stopping at The Dollar Tree and Big Lots. They were on my way home and I haven't been to either stores in a while so I said why not? Here's what I picked up:
The Dollar Tree
L.A. Colors Art Deco nail polishes, I love these so much that it is my goal to have every color in there collection. So every time I see them I pick up a few new colors. I'm pretty sure I'm only missing 2 or 3 colors then I'll have them all! Their really great for creating nail designs and the size of the brush is nice and thin plus there only a $1 each (sometimes $1.50) depending on where you buy them. Here are the colors I got this time:
This is a discount store that carry's pretty much everything you can think of from beauty products to electronics to furniture and books, all sorts of things for really good prices. It's hit or miss though, there are sometimes where I've found a lot of great things and other times where I didn't see too much. This was one of those times where I wasn't too impressed. But I still got a few small necessities. I got a bag of foundation wedges, I don't use these to actually apply foundation but to make sure everything is blended in. Or there good for blending concealer under your eyes. Then I got cotton rounds, I was all out and use these everyday to remove my eye makeup, I also use them to take off my nail polish. Both packages were only a $1.50. If I were to buy these at CVS or another drugstore they would have been a few dollars more.
I went to Walgreen's to pick up my 3rd bottle of spray tanner. Of course I couldn't help but pick up a few other things while I was there.
Like I said this is the 3rd bottle I've bought of Neutrogena's Micro Mist Airbrush Sunless Tanning Spray (in deep). I've read so many mixed reviews on this, some bad & some really good. If you don't follow the directions then I can see why you would have problems. I think its fabulous. Now that it's cooler I just use it on my face, neck and chest just to give myself some color. I hate being pale lol. If you want to see a full review at my blog click here. Then I saw this pretty nail polish by Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Rock Star Pink. It's a bright glittery purple & pink. I cant wait to use it :)
What's funny about this shopping trip is that my intentions were to go in to Walmart and return something fast and be right out. As I was waiting in the customer service line I couldn't help see the makeup aisle out of the corner of my eye.
So just like always, I say to myself "I'm just gonna go over and look real quick and leave". Yea..okay! lol. Never the case with me (I guess that's the shopaholic in me), 45 minutes later I'm at the cashier with 7 things. Oops! :) Here's what I bought:
- Neutrogena Wave Sonic Power Cleanser
- Suave's Professional Dry Shampoo
- Hard Candy's Nobody's perfect Concealer Palette in medium
- Almay intense i-color Smokey palette for blues
- Zebra print slippers
- Revlon Nail Polish in Gold Coin
- L'Oreal's True Match FoundationL's True Match Foundation in Honey Beige-n6
*The only things I've tried so far are the Zebra slippers, Neutrogena Wave Sonic, the Hard Candy Concealer palette and Suave's Dry Shampoo.
Brief Reviews On What I've Tried:
- Hard Candy's Concealer; I've only used the green & lightest beige color. The green I used to counteract any redness and I felt like it worked as good as any green concealer. The lightest beige seemed to be a little to dark and now I'm thinking I should have gotten this palette in "light" instead of the medium. Overall though I think the concealers work well :)
-Sauve's Dry Shampoo- This is probably the 6th dry shampoo I've tried. I've heard a lot of good things about this and the fact that it was only $3.12 was great. I tried it today and it said to spray onto roots then massage with your palms to rub in. It's a good dry shampoo, I don't know if I would say it was one of the best, but for the price its worth it. ( I should do a post on Dry Shampoo's since I've tried almost everyone out there) Stay tuned for that...
- Neutrogena's Wave Sonic- I bought this bc it reminds me of a knock off of the clarisonc. I knew it wouldn't be half as great but I figured I'd try it. It does what it says its supposed to do. It lightly exfoliates your skin, i just found out that you can buy separate foaming pads that are made for exfoliating. This only comes with 14 foaming pads and you have to throw one out everytime you use it. So you will have to buy the refills after you've ran out. It was only $13.99 at Walmart and granted its not the Clarisonic but it does do a good job at cleansing your skin.
- Zebra Striped Slippers- once it gets cold out, I need to wear slippers or then my feet are always freezing. So when I saw these black & white zebra slippers for only $6, I had to get them. There super comfy!! Very pleased.
I will definitely be doing full reviews on the rest of the products I haven't used yet shortly.
Thanks for reading!
Click the links below :)