7/18/2011

Cat Eye/Winged Out Liner:

NICOLE RICHIE ROCKS THE CAT EYE




Ahh!! the famous winged out cat eye look. This is a look I’ve always admired, especially on Nicole Richie. I don’t know if it’s the fact that it looks really great on her eye shape or if it’s the style she does (it’s probably both). For you guys that have tried to achieve this look probably know its not the easiest to do, when your first beginning anyway. I know for me that was the case, I’ve bought so many different brands and types of liquid liner (that are now are all lonely piled up in my makeup draw). I would practice, practice AND practice this look determined to get it right.

 My problem was that one eye would look okay but then I could never get the other eye to look the same!!. I watched multiple tutorials on youtube, followed every magazines step by step articles, then after what seems like years of trying to get this down to a science I finally did it. (and both eyes even matched)!! Now I know exactly why I wasn’t doing it right. First you need to find the right liquid eyeliner (or it could be gel or pencil liner). I finally found my favorite liquid eyeliner, L'Oreal's Felt Tip liquid liner and it made the process so much easier. Then you have to make sure you have your chin up while looking in the mirror, this way you can make sure your getting the liner as close to the lash line as possible. While your doing that you can hold the skin of your upper lid taught, and dot the liner along the upper lash line. Then extend the line upward at the outer corner of your eye ( make sure you don’t make the line too high). Then where the top of that line is hold the liner and in a quick motion make a downward line in the style of “Nike sign” (or look at Nicole's eye and I might start to make sense lol). Then with the liner fill in the shape you just made. Remember when you first start dotting the liner along your upper lash line start thin and make the line thicker as you get to the outer 3rd part of your eye. (that will also help you make that “Nike” sign im trying to to explain). Then do the other eye being careful to make sure both eyes match( you don’t want one line higher on one side than the other). I've had to use several cotton swabs to try and make them look even. I'm happy to say (even though it literally took me a few years of practice) I'm pretty sure I’ve finally mastered the cat/winged eyeliner. There’s a really great tutorial on youtube by Eve Pearl on how to do this. She literally goes over each step while showing you at the same time. It really helped me. 



















3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to do this, but never tried. Thank you for the tips on how to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Let me know if you try any of them..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome!!! Thanks for checking out the site, feel free to subscribe if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...