7/16/2011

How To: Use Concealer To Cover Up Blemishes

I’ve realized you can drink as much water as you can a day, get the normal 8 hours of sleep and even eat really well , but we’re still going to have breakouts occasionally. It’s always my luck that my skin will breakout at the worst possible times (dates, weddings, proms) you know how it goes. I know that popping a pimple is not a good idea, but I’m sorry, there’s no way I can go out with a big whitehead on my face. There’s just something about whiteheads that grosses me out (obviously) so the last thing I want is someone to be staring at this grossness on my face. (maybe its just me or my insecurities) so I do end up popping them. Only if its necessary, I don’t try to pop a pimple unless it comes to the whitehead stage, (yuk) I don’t even like saying or typing the word “whitehead”..
Using the right tools, concealer and steps you can cover up that monster and go about your day!

(if you look closely you can tell that Megan Fox covers up her pimples and you can hardly tell)!



Covering a Blemish

1. After you’ve washed your face, apply an ice cube to the zit for a few minutes. Ice will help the redness and swelling go down. Also, try applying a little drop of Visine, it takes the red out of your eyes and does the same for your zit. *If it’s already been popped apply a salicylic acid medicine. I like Clean & Clear’s popped pimple relief gel pen.
2. Apply your foundation, powder or whatever your preference is. Always apply your foundation before covering up pimples, not the other way around.
3. Get your concealer out, cream concealers are the best for covering blemishes. I use Maybelline’s Dream Mouse Concealer. It should also match your skin perfectly, I’ve heard many times that you should choose a shade lighter. No, using a lighter shade just draws more attention to the blemish.
4. Put some concealer on your brush (pointy brushes work the best for this). Have you guys ever used the method stippling to apply your foundation? Well, this works really well for concealing too. For those of you that aren’t familiar with this method, Stippling means to dab the product on rather than rubbing or stroking the product onto your skin”. I've found that stroking or rubbing the concealer on doesn’t give you the heavy coverage you want and it ends up rubbing off.
5. Now blend the outer edges of the concealer into your foundation. Don’t touch the zit, if you find that it looks cakey or thick just keep stippling it in.
6. Once you’ve done that take loose powder and a small fluffy brush and set the area with the powder gently. You don’t want to rub off the work you just did.
This wont cover up the actual bump, makeup only corrects the color, not texture. Chances are you’ll probably still see the bump but as long as it matches the rest of your face it will be so much less noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...