8/08/2011

How To: Nail Art-* Purple Rock Star *

Lately I’ve been experimenting with nail designs, after some practicing I’ve come up with a few designs that I think are cute and not too embarrassing for me to post on my blog. It’s really easier to do these designs than you would think, believe me if I can do it, you can do it.
You don’t have to use the same colors as I am, you can switch up the colors to make it your own style. These are just some tips for you guys, customize it however you like since it is your nail design..



Step 1: Apply 2 coats of China Glaze in Avalanche      

Step 2: Take black nail polish and create a French tip but on an angle. It helps if you start at the edge and pivot your finger as you are applying the color .
 





Step 3: Pour a small amount of white nail polish onto a piece of paper and with a tooth pick lightly dot onto the black area for a polka dot design look.    









Step 4: With the same white polish use a nail art brush or you can use something like the Nail Art Deco polishes (anything with a thin brush) and start at the outer edge and draw a few squiggly lines, using that pivot motion like you did in step 2, if it helps. The lines do not have to be perfect at all or in the same shape and place I used. Have fun with it.   








Step 5: Using a silver glitter nail polish (with a thin brush) draw a line where that gap between the black polish and the first white line is, then draw lines over and underneath each white stripe.




.








I am no where near a professional and I don’t claim to be, this is just me experimenting while  showing you guys how to create this design. If you guys like this and decide to try it out PLEASE leave me a comment or if you have some cool designs of your own I would love to see them!!  xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I've been on this kick where I'm experimenting with different nail designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...