8/27/2011

Review: Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lip Color

16 hour ColorStay Overtime Lip Color with Soft Flex Moisturizing Top Coat in Neverending Nude






This is one of those lipstick’s and clear top coat in one deal. Whenever I buy lipstick or lipgloss, which isn’t too often I always buy one that promises to stay on for a long time. One of the main reasons why I don’t usually wear anything but chapstick is because I hate how you apply it then ten seconds later you have to re-apply it. Or when you're wearing lipgloss and you go outside and your hair blows in your face and sticks to you lips. I don’t know that just really bothers me lol.



I saw this at Walgreens and really liked the color, plus it promises to stay on for 16 hours so I figured I would give it a try. Oh and plus it was 50% off so it only came to $5. It’s lighter on your lips then it looks in the swatch I did.



“Advanced ColorStay formula with SoftFlex Technology provides 16 hours of comfortable color. No touch-ups needed-even after meals.TopCoat enriched with 99% moisture, chamomile and soy extract keeps lips comfortable and delivers the shiniest shine.”

-Revlon



PROS

- It does stay on your lips for a good 8 hrs. (maybe even 16 hrs. but I couldn’t wait that long)

- The color including the top coat looks exactly the same hours later

- The color is really pretty and the top coat is shiny but not too shiny. Subtle

- It doesn’t stick to your hair when the wind blows outside (a plus for me)



CONS

- The color isn’t very easy to apply evenly

- Even though the color lasts a while, it doesn’t feel as comfortable on your lips as they said it would

- I don’t like how the lip color gets on the top coat brush every time you use it. I feel like it can ruin the top coat application

- The moisture only lasts for about an hour or two.



Overall I don’t think this is a bad product but I don’t think its great either. It does stay on like they promised. But I feel like it should go on more evenly. I don’t think I would recommend this product to anyone unless it was 50% off or you got a really good deal for it. Besides all the cons the color is very pretty. Personally I wouldn’t buy it again. But you live and learn lol

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! I am always on the hunt for lip color that stays on for a while. I love the fact that your hair doesn't get caught in. Even with the cons, I think it is worth the $5, right? It seems like one of those lip colors that your wear steadily for a couple of weeks, and then move on to another color. In any event, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly right. I wudnt have bought it if it wasn't 50% off. So for that price the pros out weigh the cons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...