8/18/2011

NOTD: Mint Sorbet



MINT SORBET

Whenever I look at this color it reminds me of mint chocolate chip minus the chocolate part lol. I would say it’s a green pastel color, definitely a spring and summer color. I have to get in all my summer colors in before its time to wear my fall colors (which I'm excited about).

I loved it as soon as I saw it in the store, it's called Mint Sorbet and its by Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear collection.

Lately I’ve been experimenting with different nail designs and I’ve been wanting to do polka dots and stripes so I figured I would do one on each ring finger.





Polka dots are actually really easy to do, all I did was pour a few drops of white nail polish onto a paper plate and used a toothpick to make the dots.







I feel like those look like candy stripes, a good idea for Christmas nails. I used Art Deco’s nail art polish to easily draw diagonal stripes across my nail.



I was just thinking and I never told you guys what kind of base coat and top coat I use when I do my nails. My bad, better late than never though, right?

For my base coat I’ve been using Nutra Nail Base Coat & Ridge Filler with green tea. I really like this because I feel like compared to others it helps the polish to apply more evenly. It's not a clear color either, its more of a light tint of white. Once it's completely dry it basically looks clear.

I have a two step process when it comes to top coat. First I use Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Top Coat, this is the best top coat I’ve ever used! If you guys are looking for a good top coat try this one. Then 60 seconds after I apply Sally Hansen's Insta Dri Speed Dry Drops, this is really cool because it’s a mini dropper and you squeeze the cap and apply 1 or 2 drops to each nail. It's almost like an extra step to ensure your nails don’t chip and I honestly can say my manicures last longer when using both of these top coats. I also feel like the drops make your nails dry faster too. Ahhh! love Sally Hansen, I don’t know what I would do without them..lol

2 comments:

  1. I love your green sorbet nails! I've never tried "nail art" as I have acrylic (fake) nails. Thinking of giving them up & going natural, just dreading that awful period of weak, flimsy nails.

    Amy
    @BlondeTXGoddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Nail art is fun, im not a pro at all, i keep it simple lol. I used to wear acrylic nails for a while. I know what you mean about how weak your nails feel after getting them taken off, but as long as you keep applying some kind of nail hardener or nail strength polish they'll be back to normal in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...