12/30/2011

Interview with Lisa from Ms.Prettyful Girl

Interviewing Lisa from Ms. Prettyful Girl


NAME: Lisa Martinez a.k.a Ms. Prettyful Girl
AGE: 30
LOCATION: Texas, US



1. Mini Bio?
I am a stay at home mother of two girls--ages 6 and 2. I always identify myself as a mother first because being a mom is my whole world. And in my spare time, I am a partner, a sister, a daughter, a best friend. I am a wisher, a thinker. I always hope for the best and expect the worst. I have high hopes and big dreams. I am sentimental and shy, passionate and at times too emotional. I am friendly, caring, and loving. I am far from perfect. But good or bad, I am always me.


2. Where can we find you?
Blogger:
http://msprettyfulgirl.blogspot.com/

Beautylish:
http://www.beautylish.com/msprettyfulgirl

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Ms.PrettyfulGirl

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/MsPrettyfulGirl

Tumblr:
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/msprettyfulgirl






3. What inspired you to start your blog?
All the other beauty bloggers! I started watching YouTube videos, specifically makeup tutorials, at the end of last year. I fell in love with so many beauty gurus and their creativity, talent, and love for makeup. I followed their links to their blogs and one blog led to another and another. And then came New Year's Day 2011 and I knew that was the day to start making my dreams a reality. If they could do it, I could too.


4. What types of posts can we find the most on your blog?
Most of my blog posts are EOTDs (Eye of the Day) or FOTDs (Face of the Day). I also do Buy & Blogs which are haul posts. I just changed the name recently. I thought it suited the post better--I buy something, then I blog about it. Also recently, I started doing more reviews on beauty products I have purchased.


5. What are your 3 favorite makeup brands?
I consider myself a "frugalista". I don't like to spend too much money on any single item. I only own a handful of high end items. I focus more on drugstore products. My favorite brands I'd have to say are Wet n Wild, Avon, and my splurge brand, Urban Decay.


6. What do you think motivates you to keep up with your blog and not give up?
That's easy. The comments that my readers leave behind for me. My blog will be a year old on January 1, 2012 and since my very first comment ever posted on my blog up until my very last one, I have not received a single negative comment. Wow! Each comment written to me is like a tiny little love letter from a friend where it is obvious they wish only the best for me and are proud of the work I have done. I write my blog for all beauty lovers and the fact that they take the time to read and comment, well, that makes it all worth while.


7. Name a few of your favorite blogs:
http://www.abrilliantbrunette.com

http://www.fullybeatable.com

http://www.mypinktasticlife.com

http://wifezillahekela.blogspot.com

http://dinorahbaby.blogspot.com

Oh, my gosh, and so so many more!


8. If you could give bloggers that are just starting out any tips, what would they be?
In order to write well, write about what you know. I write up my blog posts on personal experience. I don't do tips and tricks posts because I don't know any. I won't pretend I know something that I don't or I won't copy someone else's work. Be honest. Be genuine. Treat your blog with respect but don't take it too seriously. Let yourself have fun with it and enjoy it. If you're too strict with yourself, you take all the fun out of it and then it's not worth much.


9. How do you feel about Sponsored Reviews?
I've never written a Sponsored Review. I guess I would be open to it. I don't mind reading Sponsored Reviews as long as the views being discussed are real, honest, and true opinions.


10. Lastly, has blogging changed your life in anyway, and if so, how?
This may sound like a 100% pure cheese but it really has changed my life. I have met so many awesome ladies through the blogging world and we have built some really sweet friendships. I obviously have learned a lot about makeup and opened up myself to experiment with different brands and products. But I have also learned a lot about myself too. On January 1st, I was a scared "little girl". I was inexperienced and confused. But I did it anyway. I remember being so thrilled to have that very first subscriber. Now, I'm 4 away from 200. I have learned to be proud of myself. You want something bad enough, you work for it and you will succeed. I'm living proof of that.

Thanks Lisa, I enjoyed reading your answers and continue to love your blog!




Click here if you would like to be featured and interviewed on my blog!




Click the links below :)

Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. I loved reading the interview and I'm proud to call you my Twitter big sister Lisa! I hope to see more great posts in 2012. You're doing so great. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! You're so sweet :))))
    I'm following your blog right now

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...