12/07/2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip

Beauty Tip of the Week

DIY: MAKE YOUR OWN NAIL ART TOOLS

If you like to play around with different designs on your nails but don't have a dotting tool, a professional nail art brush or a stamping kit that's okay because you can make them at home with things you already have. Plus, who doesn't love a little DIY fun?






DOTTING TOOLS: 


YOU WILL NEED: 

  • # 2 Pencil with an eraser
  • Sewing Pin


Take a #2 pencil and one of those pins you can find in a sewing kit. Just stick the pointy side of the pin inside the eraser. The size of the ball at the end of the pin is perfect. You can also use different size pins.


YOU WILL NEED

  • An old cell phone car charger cord

You can take an old cell phone cord (like the picture below) and use the silver plugs at the end as dotting tools. Again, there the perfect sizes. Just make sure you don't need them anymore!
















NAIL ART BRUSH

YOU WILL NEED: 

  • Old bottle of clear nail polish (preferably with a longer brush)
  • Nail polish remover
  • Scissors

You can make your own nail art brush by finding a clear nail polish that is old or you wont use anymore. Preferably with a longer brush and take the brush and soak it in nail polish remover for a minute. Then continue to wipe off all the nail polish on the brush. Once its cleaned off take your scissors and start snipping the bristles (start at the top of the brush). Cut little pieces at first. With your fingers shape the brush so its nice and straight and all the bristles are stuck together. By using your judgement split the bristles in half. You can make the brush as thin or thick as you want to by cutting off the remaining bristles. Clean it off with polish remover after everytime you use it and keep the brush stored in the same bottle of polish so it doesn't dry out.







NAIL ART TEMPLATES

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Round label stickers (you can find them at the dollar store)
  • Scrapbooking hole puncher that will cut shapes
  • Nail polish
Use the round stickers and your scrapbooking puncher. Pick a shape you want to use, then punch the sticker and place it on your nail. With the sticker on your nail paint a contrasting color (or whatever you prefer) over the hole of the sticker. Then take the sticker off your nail and you'll have a cute little design. 

Also, if you own a pair of scrapbooking scissors that are meant to cut razor shapes, you can cut a piece of tape with those scissors and tape off your nail. Polish over it and you'll have a cool razor looking design. 


























Before I owned my own nail dotting tool and nail art brushes I used these tips and they worked just as good. I was never into scrapbooking so I've never tried those tips but my friend did and her nails looked great!





Click the links below :)



Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. These ideas are great!  I don't own any nail art tools and I am always amazed at what people can create using tools, so it is nice to see I have most everything on hand to create my own and get the same look..  Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly:) Join to my blog too, i've just joined to your site:) I've read your Tips about nails , there're  super useful to anyone i think, amazing how a little  is enough to make good design of the nails , thx 

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome and helpful!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly:)thx for comment, i've responded on your post but your blog catches comments?:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked it. Let me know if you make any of these and how they came out :)

    Kelly
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course i'll follow your blog, Thank you for following mine and the comment about the nail post. Im glad you liked it :)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!!! Oh and I loved your post about the x-mas tag, Im gonna use it if you dont mind. Great idea!!!

    Kelly
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!
    What do you mean it catches comments? lol. I dont know what that means. lol. Im sorry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course!! That's so awesome that your going to do it, I cant wait to see your responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry my mistake i pondered about something different hehe, i thought that all comments were stopped

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayy!! Thanks, and of course I will link your blog in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this article ! I actually just did my newest nail design with scrapbooking scissors too! The pin and eraser is so simple and smart, and I never thought about punch a design in a plain, round sticker !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chalissa2512:58 AM

    Great ideas, I love doing my own nails too. I love your blog, heard about from Nykki on mymaneblog.com defiantly following. Please check out my blog at islalissabeautybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rivuletsbeauty9:59 AM

    Love the pencil idea, I don't have a dotting tool so I'll have to try it out! Thanks Kelly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im so glad you liked it!!! I love DIY tricks, especially ones that can save you money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww! Thanks so much, your so sweet! I actually have been following your blog and really enjoy it :)

    Thanks for the sweet comment
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im glad you liked it! Let me know how it works out if you try it!

    Thanks for reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im glad you like it! Let me know how it works when you try it.

    Thanks for reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a creative idea! I am definitely giving my daughter the link to your site.  She'll get great tips and I might just save some $$$!! 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy Berkley10:38 PM

    This is very helpful! Never thought about using a pencil! Great blog!
    Now following!
    xoxo
    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you like it :) thanks for following, Im following yours too!

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...