12/28/2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip

Beauty Tip of the Week


FACIAL MOISTURE WRAP AT HOME

The number 1 DIY service that can really compete with a high-end spa treatment is this deep facial moisture wrap.  This is a treatment that exfoliates epidermis gently, dissolves visible blackheads or whiteheads while intensely moisturizing and providing a natural glow. 




I remember seeing this recipe on elf's blog about a year ago and since I love DIY anything I had to try it. I remember how clean my face looked afterwards and how soft it felt.  Whenever I find a good DIY recipe I like, I'll write it down or save it somewhere. I totally forgot about this until I was looking through my computer. 

I hope you guys like this and try it. Some of you might have a lot of the ingredients at home already and some of you might have to buy a few of them. But I promise what you might have to buy is not expensive at all.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  • Plain oatmeal
  • Honey
  • A cooking pot to boil water with
  • A regular bath towel
  • Greek Yogurt (plain)
  • Buttermilk
  • 5 liquid gel Vitamin E capsules 
  • Aloe Vera gel 

HOW-TO:
  1. Mix a little oatmeal and honey together. The oatmeal is a natural exfoliate and the honey is a natural skin antibiotic.
  2. Massage the mixture into the skin with your forefingers. 
  3. You can either close off your sink drain or use a pot of boiling water. *Safely drape a towel over your head and place your face over the hot water (do not let your face come close to touching the water at all) holding in the steam for 3 to 5 minutes.  *(This will open up the pores just like a traditional spa treatment and soften the skin so it can easily be massaged out)
  4. Then rinse your face with warm water
  5. Apply a combination of plain greek yogurt and buttermilk to the surface of the skin. (Both of these have have high concentrations of lactic acid, gentle but yet effective to smooth out the skin)
  6. Let that rest on your face for 10 to 15 minutes
  7. Gently rinse off with warm water
  8. To finish off the facial, break open 5 liquid gel vitamin E capsules and combine them with a little Aloe Vera gel (don't worry this combo won't make you break out)
  9. Massage this mixture gently into the skin. 
*If you want extra hydration add a small amount of your favorite day or night time moisturizer. 

This is a fun DIY treatment to do on a lazy day or maybe on a day you like to dedicate just to beauty. Either way, have fun with it and let me know if you try it!!



Click the links below :)









8 comments:

  1. Exclusivelyglamm9:35 PM

    Wow, this one packs a punch of great ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariJo Nails10:02 PM

    Seems pretty simple.  Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds like fun!  I happen to have buttermilk & greek yogurt in my fridge right now.  Just need some vitamin E capsules!  I will have to try this.  Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea it does, if you dont have them all or dont want to use some of them, thats fine too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome! I love these DIY recipes. Let me know if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do realize that I tell most of my married friends about your space and how if they refer their wives/girlfriends here... they could most likely save themselves some $$$ on your DIY tricks.  Bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that but thank you very much, I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...