12/17/2011

REVIEW: BURT'S BEES Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream


BURT'S BEES Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream


What is it? 
This is a cuticle cream that has ingredients such as lemon oil, Vitamin E, beeswax and sweet almond oil. All of these are supposed to strengthen your nails, moisturize your cuticles and lock in moisture. It promises to leave your cuticles softer and nails stronger while you notice immediate results. 




I bought this product after reading a few good reviews on blogs, the reviews I read made it seem like this product was to die for. So when I was at CVS last week I happened to see it and really didn't think twice about buying it. 

Luckily, my cuticles aren't bad at all and I've never had problems with them but in the winter my hands fingers and cuticles seem to feel dry more than ever so a good cuticle cream is a must in my nail & hand care routine. 

The first thing I noticed was how much I liked the lemon smell. Then I noticed that it was a bit greasy but figured that was normal. I like the packaging because it comes in this little old fashion looking tin case. The perfect size to keep in your purse with you.

Honestly, within the first few days of using this I was not impressed at all. I found it to be way to greasy and it seemed as if it never absorbed into my skin. So I would have to wipe my fingers off because I didn't want to touch anything. I still continued to use it every day and I started to like it a little more with each day. After using it for 7 days straight I can finally give my honest opinion. 


Pros:                    
  • It does moisturize your cuticles and nails. 
  • The packaging is easy and convenient 
  • You really only need a tiny bit so this should last you a while. That's one of the things I learned. I was using too much which resulted in super greasy fingers
  • The smell is really sweet and refreshing 
Cons
  • It takes longer than normal to absorb into your skin. I feel the need to wait a few minutes before I go touching anything I don't want to get greasy
  • If you use too much your most likely not going to enjoy it because all your going to concentrate is on how greasy your fingers feel. 
  • Even though my cuticles and fingers do feel moisturized while the product is on, I still feel that there just as dry the next day.
  • I haven't noticed any immediate results regarding my nails being stronger. But I've only used it for 7 days so I might feel different a month from now
  • Make sure to keep the jar closed when your not using it or the product can dry up and turn hard

Unfortunately the cons outweighed the pros on this one. It definitely didn't turn out to be this great product I thought it was going to be. It's not horrible but its not great either, I've used better cuticle creams like LUSH''s Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. I like there's better because you can actually feel it absorb into your skin. I probably wouldn't repurchase this again. 

I haven't tried this yet but I bet this product would work a lot better as an overnight treatment, apply it before bed and put some cotton gloves on, I'm sure you would wake up with super moisturized cuticles. 

Product Rating: 
3 out of 5 nail polishes

Have you guys tried this product at all and if so how do you like it?




Click the links below :)






Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. It's just as well I'm not really a fan of lemony scents because the packaging alone would've made me want to buy this. I'm sorry that this product didn't work out for you. Have you tried any of their lip balms?

    On a side note, I love your nail polish rating system. Too cute! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. inHERshoes2:56 AM

    i've tried it before and just like you said, the lemon smell was awesome but the greasiness just didn't cut it for me.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lip balm, right? lol. It's cuticle cream, you can actually use this as a lip balm if you wanted to. I tried it and didn't like the way it tasted.

    Im glad you like my rating system, I wasn't sure if it was too corny or not. lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason why I bought it was because I heard from 2 reliable nail gurus that its the best thing. I should have probably gotten more than 2 opinions before I bought it bc now I see a bunch of mixed reviews. Figures lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucyywrites4:38 PM

    Aw its a shame, atm im trying lots of burt bee's products and love them all.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.comLucyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might like it though.. I've read lots of mixed reviews where some people love it and some people hate it. So i think it depends on the person. Dont let me be the reason why you dont try it lol.
    I wish I could send you a tiny sample before you bought it lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have and love this! I apply it when I go to bed at night so it soaks in while I"m not really using my hands...really helps keep them moisturized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...