12/15/2011

NOTD: Holiday Themed Nails- Winter Wonderland

Hey Dolls!! 


So this is my 2nd Holiday themed manicure of the month. For some reason I could not decide on what colors or designs I wanted to do. I was looking through my polish stash and saw Blue Lagoon by Revlon and then it came to me, snowflakes and winter! I bought this color a few weeks ago, its part of Revlon's 2011 Romantic Collection. It's basically a baby blue with pretty iridescent shimmer. So anywho, onto the mani.







For a base color I used Vanilla Whimsy from Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth Plus Collection, its basically a very sheer pale pink. The kind of color you would use under a french manicure. It's not even visible on my nails but I had to use something.



Then I used good old scotch tape and taped off my tips and painted them with Blue Lagoon. I used a Art Deco Nail Art polish in silver for the thin line underneath the tips. Then I got out some white nail polish a few small rhinestones, my nail art brush and my dotting tool to create the snowflakes and tiny snowballs (that's what I'm calling the white dots lol). I was very surprised at how easy it was to draw the snowflakes, I thought for sure I would mess it up but you're basically just drawing lines in different lengths.

After all that was dry, I sealed it with one of my 2 favorite top coats, Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat. I've probably said this in previous posts before but I really believe that this top coat is the reason my nails never chip and the fact that I usually use 2 top coats.


Then I used one coat of a clear silver glitter, I'm still not sure if that was a good or bad idea. I wanted to give my nails a little glitz.  You guys tell me what you think, should I have used the glitter, Yay or Nay?



I topped everything off with 2 thin coats of my second favorite top coat, Seche Vite's fast dry top coat. I love how this can make a dull nail color come to life and the professional look it gives and how your nails are dry to the touch in 30 seconds.



So let me know what you guys think, honestly. I love feedback, good or bad. Do you guys enjoy doing Holiday manicures or am I the only weirdo that gets really into this? lol




Click the links below :)





Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. MariJo Nails9:18 AM

    I love this!!  It's so pretty ;0).  Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! You are so talented at nail art designs!  I love the addition of the glitter.  I am always up for lotsa glitter!  Very nice color combination, too and I love the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BrittanysSecret11:39 AM

    These are so gorgeous! Did you use your BPS.com dotting tools?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky C2:14 PM

    Kelly these are by far my have of your NOTD's - so so pretty yet not OTT at all! Love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! You're so sweet but Im really not talented at nail art, Im learning though. Im glad you like it :) Thanks for the sweet comment!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!!!!! No, I haven't gotten them yet, the girl that emailed me doesn't work there anymore so I got an email from another girl saying she was going to send them out today so it will be a month probably. I actually bought this nail art brush/dotting tool combo at Sally's Beauty Supply for $5. I couldn't wait anymore lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Becky!!! I appreciate it and Im glad you like them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theprodiva7:46 PM

    Very pretty! I wish I had a steady hand and was able to create designs like this on my own. I guess I'd be better off printing out a copy of this page and taking it to the nail salon and let them do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol. I am so bad at doing my other hand, but I've learned a few tips that helps. Like, when you need to draw a straight line, hold your breath while doing it and somehow it helps to keeps things steady. lol. I dont know how, but it works

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hayley Campbell2:11 PM

    beautiful! wish i could do this but would probably take my days to achieve anything nearly as good as this! 

    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  12. No!!!! Im gonna show you how to add the button to your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...