12/29/2011

REVIEW: L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes


Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara

L'oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes claims to have a unique blend of long and short nylon and raylon fibers, the same material used to make false eyelashes. 

  • Dual length fiber formula
  • Exclusive polymer adheres fiber to lashes
  • Bitonical waxes prevent hardening, crumbling or flaking
  • Presision brush ensures optical application
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

Two of my favorite and go-to mascara's have been Maybelline's Great Lash and Benifit Bad Gal for a while now. But I still am looking for more without having to apply false lashes. So when I saw this I figured why not?








What I liked:
  • The wand is actually just the right size to grab all the hairs
  • The way the wand is bent (at a 40 degree angle) ensures a comftroable application
  • The pretty gold packaging is very classy and reminds me of a high end mascara
  • The fibers on this mascara extended my lashes longer than I expected. I was pleased with the length it gave
  • Just one coat came out to be very dark
  • My lashes looked exactly the same as they did after 8 hours of wear and there were no flakes. 

What I didn't like:
  • When opening the tube (even the first time) I noticed how much product was clumped on the wand,  so you have to make sure to clean the wand off pretty well to prevent clumping. Since I've had to do this everytime i feel like Im wasting the product.
  • The formula is pretty dry so you dont have time to wait to apply a 2nd coat. It dries super fast
  • I usually like to apply 2 sometimes 3 coats but with this mascara I feel like one coat looks a lot better than 2 or 3. 
  • When I went to comb through my lashes I noticed some flakes on my cheeks-again probably due to the dryness. 
  • While I did like the length it gave my lashes, I didn't notice too much volume




Other things I noticed:

*With most of the mascara's I've used I always thought "more is more" bc you can usually apply more than one or two coats and build them up and then the bigger your lashes become. However with this mascara I would defeinitly say that "less is more" because like I said, when I go to apply more than one coat it starts to clump up. 

*Before you apply the mascara, I would wipe off some of the formula that's on the wand, even the first time you open it. 

*I also noticed with this mascara not to use the wiggling techqnuice, if you just lightly run the wand from the base to the tips of the lashes you'll get a better application. 

*When applying a 2nd coat, dont wait and do your other eye first, apply it right after. The formula is so dry that if you wait you're gonna have a bunch of clumps which is pretty dissapointing. 

*Another thing I thought about was the name of this mascara which is " Voluminous False Fiber Lashes" If I were to apply falsh lashes and got the result of what this mascara does, I wouldn't be happy with them at all. 
Not like I thought this mascara was going to give me a the full effect of false lashes but ya know...

Overall..
I do like the mascara, now that I learned how to apply it and I'll keep using it but  I don't think I would repurchase it. I'm going to continue on with my search for a mascara I can actually say I really like (if thats even possible).
I would recommend this mascara to people with short or sparse lashes.


Product Rating:
3 out of 5 nail polishes




Click the links below :)


Photobucket




15 comments:

  1. Exclusivelyglamm9:25 PM

    Super post. Since the mascara is so dry, how easy or hard is it to take off? Is it waterproof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitzGlamBudget10:14 PM

    Great review, I've always wondered about this mascara; I like to apply multi layers of mascara as well, and I hate it when a mascara doesn't "let" me apply more than 1 layer! By the way you have a very pretty eye color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great review and I love your progressive pictures!  I'm glad I read this because I think for now I will skip purchasing this mascara for now.  I know what you mean by trying to find a mascara that I absolutely love.  I have been using a sample of Buxom lash (I think by Bare Minerals?) and I have been loving it so much.  I fear that my favorite will end up being an expensive one!  (yet I probably will never find out because I'm so cheap, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the funny part and thank you, I forgot to put that in the post. It's not hard to take off at all, it comes off just like any other mascara with makeup remover. I use olive oil or Vaseline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you. I almost didn't post the eye pictures bc I was so tired when i took them & you can tell. lol.
    You're so sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea Rioja1:33 AM

    I was wondering about this mascara.
    You should try mark. Lash All You Want High Volume Mascara :]
    It's my favorite.
    I'm a rep, and I bought this and this along with mark. ScandaLash Hook Up Mascara
    are the only ones I use because I hate clumping mascara and they never clump, they
    last all day and they give me what I want in a mascara.
    Check out my post for before & after if you're interested
    http://dreafashionista.blogspot.com/2011/09/best-mascara-ever.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My BeautyFul World2:32 AM

    Awsome review! I hate when a lot of mascara clumps on the wand. It's annoying and time consuming. So many mascaras have that problem. I like Max Factor False Lash effect and 2000 calories. Have you tried any of these? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. MercedesMakeupObsession3:37 AM

    I keep hearing bad things about this mascara. But it seems like you just figured out the best ways to apply it because it definately makes your lashes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautybymissl7:40 AM

    Thanks for the review! It did make your lashes longer and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I heard that Bare Minerals has a good mascara so that's probably what your talking about. I know, im sure my favorite mascara will end up costing $50 and since mascara doesn't last that long, its not worth it to me. Maybe I'm being too picky, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love a mascara that doesn't clump! I will def check it out, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! No, I've never tried those for some reason, maybe that will be my next one. Thanks for the suggestions and comment :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I dont hate the mascara bc you're right it does lengthen my lashes and thank you!!
    I guess I'm a little picky when it comes to mascara. (figures) lol.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your welcome! I agree, it does lengthen my lashes. I'm just a little picky with mascara I guess lol.
    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. From a guy's perspective, a woman's eyes can be quite hypnotising!!  Please ladies... keep your eye lashes real or as close to them as possible.  There's nothing as silly as staring into a lady's eyes only to see what looks like butterflies slapping her cheeks (huge false lashes)!!!  Most guys aren't very interested in things you put on your face for enhancement. Make up is okay but adding fake eye lashes is like stuffing your shirt to make your breast look bigger.... :o)
    I like how you keep it real!  Nice review but I think I'll stick to o'natural for now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...