12/21/2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip


Beauty Tip of the Week


An Inexpensive Way to Brighten Your Teeth

I've tried all sorts of teeth whiteners and toothpastes and the only one I was ever really impressed with was the white strips. But the newer ones they have out now aren't that cheap so I wanna tell you how you can use mashed strawberries and a little baking soda to whiten your teeth. I did this a few months ago and only used  it twice a week and I noticed results in a few weeks.  

Its a great inexpensive way to remove stains from your teeth, strawberries have a certain type of acid in them that works as a stain remover and baking soda has always been known as a cleaning agent. If you do this twice or three times a week you will notice a difference in 2 or 3 weeks, the longest a month.  



        
 

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  • small-medium size bowl
  • a few strawberries
  • a teaspoon of baking soda
  • an old toothbrush that you're not going to need to brush your teeth
  • a fork

  1. Mash up a few strawberries in a bowl with a fork. Make sure you mash them up pretty well.
  2. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda
  3. Mix it all up. 
  4. Get a toothbrush, dont use your regular brush you use to brush your teeth with. The strawberries will stain the bristles. If you have extra ones from the dentist thats perfect.
  5. Get some of the mixture on the toothbrush and start brushing your teeth in a circular motion for about 2 minutes. 
  6. Then spit out all the strawberry juice and rinse with water. 
  7. Then you can brush your teeth like you normally would with your regular toothbrush and toothpaste
Thats it, pretty simple, huh? You'll most likely have the strawberry mixture left over so just cover it with tin foil or plastic wrap and stick in the fridge so you can use it for the next time.  

Have you guys ever tried a teeth whitening product or remedy that worked well for you?


Click the links below :)

Photobucket








20 comments:

  1. The white strips really do work well. I was actually thinking about doing a post soon because I love the Crest 3D White toothpaste. After I used the strips and then that toothpaste I haven't had to whiten in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chantel alford2:57 PM

    Great post, I have been looking for ways to whiten my teeth. So thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I use to use the crest strips all the time, I've been wanting to try the newer ones that you keep on for what a hour or two hours a day? I heard those work good. I love the 3D toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might try this, sounds different. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. TamyrV8:13 PM

    Cool recipe. I'm going to try this out. I have used the 3D whitening mouth wash and have seen a difference but I stopped using it. I have Pearl Whites toothpaste that I have yet to try. Thanks for the post. I'll let you know if I try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tip Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Does this really work? I've never heard of this trick, but I am definitely willing to try it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its def worth a try, i saw a difference. Let me know if you try it and how it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a difference in a few weeks. You just have to be consistent and do this at least 2 times a week. If you go on youtube and look it up, you'll see some videos about it. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure:) By the way- how did you add the snow to the top of your blog? it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have to add a code. I found it on a blog. I can find the link for you, if you want?

    ReplyDelete
  13. if you could that would be awesome:)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kelly! actually i just figured it out - thanks so much though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. glossandglitz10:29 PM

    this is awesome!!! gotta try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh good! Im gonna go check it out on your blog 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good! Let me know how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...