11/11/2011

INTERVIEWING MICHELLE FROM HEALTHLY LIVING NATURAL BEAUTY

Interviewing Michelle from Healthy Living Natural Beauty





1. Mini Bio?

I'm a housewife who likes using products that are natural and who likes taking care of my family by eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise. When I started researching product ingredients I thought it would be good to share what I've learned with others. That is what inspired me to start writing my blog. I also enjoy fashion and beauty and I enjoy researching and writing about those subjects as well.

2. Where can we find you?

Healthy Living Natural Beauty is located at (we'd love to have you follow via GFC): http://healthylivingnaturalbeauty.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Healthy Living Natural Beauty also has a Facebook account at (we'd love to have you like us): www.facebook.com/healthylivingnaturalbeauty

Healthy Living Natural Beauty also has a Twitter account at (we'd love to have you follow): @healthylivingnb


3. When and what inspired you to start blogging?

I've been researching product ingredients for a couple of years now and noticed how many of our everyday products have so many chemicals in the ingredients list from shampoos and soaps to toothpaste and mouthwash. I noticed ingredients such as saccharine, parabens, phalates, alcohol and many other chemicals I didn't think we should be consuming or putting on our bodies. I also started viewing The Environmental Working Group (http://www.ewg.org/about) website that lists ingredients and tells you what the risks are with being exposed to these chemicals and it really made me think we need to be more aware of what we are using in our daily lives. For me the toothpastes started my natural products quest. I noticed most major brands include saccharine as an inactive ingredient and we've all heard about the effects of long term use of saccharine and cancer. So I started looking for toothpastes without this ingredient and found Tom's of Maine. Then when I started using it, my dentist noticed my teeth were getting less plaque and he told me to keep up what I was doing. Then I realized natural ingredients are best for our bodies so we need to be more aware and start buying the natural products because they work and they are better for our overall health. Consumers need to have better choices. 

4. What are your favorite type of posts to write about?

I love writing about natural products, reviews of products, healthy recipes, fashion and exercise. 

5. If you could tell people one reason why they should stop by your blog, what would it be?

I think the one reason people should check out my blog is that it is interesting. You never know what new things you might find when you check it out!

6. What are a few of your favorite beauty brands?

I like Burt's Bees, Yes To Carrots, Jason Pure and Natural, Tarte, and Bare Escentuals to name a few. Check out my site for more as I will write about them as I use them to let you know my opinions.

7.  Have you experienced any negative aspects of blogging?

So far I'm enjoying my experience and having fun blogging. I'm meeting others who share the same passion and it's been a positive experience. I'd encourage anyone thinking about it, to jump in and give it a try. If you like writing, taking pictures and being creative I think you'll have a positive experience too.

8. Where would you like to see your blog 6 months to a year from now?

I'd like to see more people viewing the site each month and enjoying it on a regular basis. If the topics are interesting I hope readers will continue to come back and let others know about my blog. I'd also like to be a cutting edge blog that writes about topics as they are new and fresh. I'd like to be a "first to blog" about new products and subjects

9. Do you feel that blogging has changed your life and if yes, how?

Yes, it has given me an outlet for my creative side. I'm learning how to take pictures and learning how to use social media in ways I never knew before. I think its a great way to network and to learn about other people and other cultures. I love to read others blogs as well because you get a new perspective on things and you see different styles of writing and picture placements. You get to see what trends are happening in beauty, exercise, nutrition and that's exciting.
10. Which blogs have you noticed yourself reading the most of lately?

Lately, I've been reading mainly beauty blogs and fashion blogs. There are so many wonderful sites out there and it's fun to read them on a regular basis. I've been following Beauty Obsessed and love their new Twitter Paper! 

Thanks Michelle for taking time to do this!! I enjoy reading your blog and getting the chance to learn about new stuff that you post :))


If you would like to be interviewed and featured on my blog click here.



Click the links below :)

1 comment:

  1. nice to know more about u michelle 
    miss u kelly , what u'v been up to :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...