Beauty Tip of the Week
GIVE YOUR HAIR BRUSHES SOME LOVIN ♥
Did you ever notice when your at a hair salon how they have their hair brushes and combs soaking in water? which is actually disinfectant. They do this for sanitation reasons but also to keep everyone's hair looking nice and clean. Think about it, if they didn't clean their brushes then there would be dirt, oil and dandruff from everyone's hair, ewww!!!
Even though you're the only one using your brushes and combs most of the time, theirs good reason for why you should give them a good cleaning every now and then. Just think about all the products you use in your hair, dandruff, oil and then residue ends up building up. Good enough reason for me!
It's actually really easy to do and you don't need anything special. All you need is your hair brushes/combs, a sink and shampoo. Then just follow these easy steps with each brush:
- STEP 1: Make sure to get all the hair out from the bristles. For me this isn't the most easy thing to do especially with all the hair I have. So if you have the same issue, take a bobby pin and run it between the bristles and try to catch as much hair as you can.
- STEP 2: Turn the water to warm and run your brush under the water to get rid of any residue
- STEP 3: Pour a dime sized amount of shampoo onto your brush
- STEP 4: Kill two birds in one stone; if you have a comb your washing too, run the comb GENTLY down the brush to lather up. Or you can use two brushes. Just make sure to do this gently so you don't rip out any bristles.
- STEP 5: Then rinse the brushes with warm water to wash out the shampoo
- STEP 6: Lay the brushes down flat on a towel to dry.
I would say it depends on how much you use each brush when it comes to how often you should clean them. You can tell by looking at a brush if its really gross. Or it's not a bad idea to get into the habit of making this a routine. Its actually easier and quicker than washing make up brushes.