Beauty Tip of the Week
JUST ADD COLOR!
BOBBI BROWN'S TIPS ON BLUSH
I'm sure you have all heard of the makeup artist Bobbi Brown or at least of her makeup products. If you haven't she's an internationally reowned makeup artist and CEO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Her products are sold in more than 400 stores and 20 countries worldwide. In addition to her creating cover looks for magazines, working with models, fashion shows, etc. She's also the author of two New York Times bestsellers. I have one of her books, Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution. It's a really good book and she's filled with tons of tips and tricks.
So for this week's beauty tip I thought I would share a few of her tips on blush and give you a break from my boring tips lol. She has a whole chapter dedicated to blush and its called Just Add Color. Here are some of Bobbi Brown's best tips when it comes to wearing blush:
Bobbi's Guide to Just the Right Blush of Color
- Porcelain Skin: Pale pink or pastel apricot (never use bronzer or brown toned blush; it will look dirty on your light skin)
- Fair Skin: Sandy pink tones
- Medium Skin: Tawny brownish pinks
- Tan Skin: Deeper brownish rose
- Latin or light black skin: Plum, golden brown, or deep rose
- Black Skin: Dark or deep bronze or deep red
- The second shade: For an extra pop of color: choose anything that's a bit brighter than your regular blush and one that works well with your lipstick
Bobbi's Blush Rules
- Find a color that makes you instantly healthy
- The right blush should practicly blend itself. If you have to work to blend it, the color is too dark or too bright.
- Own two different shades: one that looks totally natural and is the color of naturally flushed cheeks, and one that's a bit brighter for a pop of color
- In a pinch, use your lipstick on your cheeks as you would cream blush
Is this how you usually apply blush or do you have a different technique? I personally never check to make sure my blush practically blends into my skin like I do with foundation. I hope I haven't been walking around looking like a clown! lol
Click the links below :)