11/16/2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip



Beauty Tip of the Week

JUST ADD COLOR!

BOBBI BROWN'S TIPS ON BLUSH

I'm sure you have all heard of the makeup artist Bobbi Brown or at least of her makeup products. If you haven't she's an internationally reowned makeup artist and CEO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Her products are sold in more than 400 stores and 20 countries worldwide. In addition to her creating cover looks for magazines, working with models, fashion shows, etc. She's also the author of two New York Times bestsellers. I have one of her books, Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution. It's a really good book and she's filled with tons of tips and tricks.


So for this week's beauty tip I thought I would share a few of her tips on blush and give you a break from my boring tips lol. She has a whole chapter dedicated to blush and its called Just Add Color. Here are some of Bobbi Brown's best tips when it comes to wearing blush:

Bobbi's Guide to Just the Right Blush of Color
  • Porcelain Skin: Pale pink or pastel apricot (never use bronzer or brown toned blush; it will look dirty on your light skin)
  • Fair Skin: Sandy pink tones
  • Medium Skin: Tawny brownish pinks
  • Tan Skin: Deeper brownish  rose
  • Latin or light black skin: Plum, golden brown,  or deep rose
  • Black Skin: Dark or deep bronze or deep red
  • The second shade: For an extra pop of color: choose anything that's a bit brighter than your regular blush and one that works well with your lipstick
Bobbi's Blush Rules
  • Find a color that makes you instantly healthy
  • The right blush should practicly blend itself. If you have to work to blend it, the color is too dark or too bright.
  • Own two different shades: one that looks totally natural and is the color of naturally flushed cheeks, and one that's a bit brighter for a pop of color
  • In a pinch, use your lipstick on your cheeks as you would cream blush
To apply, smile at yourself in the mirror and dab the blush on the apple of cheek, blending up into the hairline. The trick is to also blend down to truly soften the color and make it look like it belongs on your cheeks. Then add a pop of a brighter color just on the apple of the cheeks to guarantee that you dont look washed out in an hour. The same basic technique applies to using cream blush.  Dot it on the apple of the cheek and use your finger to blend it up to the hairline and down. 

Is this how you usually apply blush or do you have a different technique? I personally never check to make sure my blush practically blends into my skin like I do with foundation. I hope I haven't been walking around looking like a clown! lol




Click the links below :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. beautybymissl11:56 AM

    Very useful tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. othersideofcool12:14 PM

    I've always been pretty useless with blush, I kinda just swoosh it on. I think it always looks gorgeous when done properly I just wish I could get the hang of it. This is a great tip post, I will definitely look out for the right colours! xx









    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I can help or that Bobbi Brown could help lol.
    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarirah Hamid1:54 PM

    When I'm using a nice soft brush I blend well, sometimes a little too much though. I should probably get a second shade so it's a little more noticeable. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so confused when it comes to blush. I never know exactly where and how to apply it. I recently purchased a bronzish color, which I like and which is apparently perfect for my dark skin! But I wonder how something reddish would look....In any event, thanks for the blush tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I agree, I've been using a brush from Eco Tools for my blush and I think it works well. It's so hard to figure out all these things: what brushes are exactly right, which colors you can use and cant use, etc. Ugh lol
    Thanks for reading though!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and you both sister!!! lol. All these rules seemed a little much for me. I just go with what I think looks good w/ my skintone and I think I've found the right brush (eco tools). I do agree with her when she said to apply it on the apples of your cheek and up to your hairline. Who knows though, I personally think as long as you feel good about it then its fine!
    Thanks for the comment :))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8.  
    Thanks so much for joining Flock Together today and for following Mom’s Best Nest . I am now your happy follower and look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Your Welcome, their great blogs and thank you for following back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really do appreciate it and read every single comment. I do my best to respond to every single one as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...